Can Air Fryer Cook Sausage?
Table of Contents
Air fryer is currently one of the most convenient way to cook things. But can air fryer cook sausage? Absolutely it can. Let’s see how to cook sausage in the air fryer.
Sausage is one of the most common breakfast or evening snack in the USA. It is easy to prepare and impeccably delicious. But the high fat content and calorie count can be an issue for you. When you cook the sausage in the usual way with oil, they got more calories and fat. An air fryer allows you to cook the sausage without oil, making them perfectly healthy.
In this article, we will show you how to cook sausage in the air fryer and make it healthier. Keep reading the article to find out the recipe steps and other important data about the recipe.
Is There any Benefits of Cooking the Sausage in the Air Fryer
As we said earlier, air fryer can be the healthiest way to cook the sausage. You don’t need to oil, which helps to cut off the extra calorie and fat that the sausage gets from the oil. Moreover, some of the juices from the sausage fall off while cooking them in the air fryer. That’s the melted fat which is not so good for your body. If you are a health-conscious person, an air fryer can be the best way to cook the sausage.
Another benefit of cooking the sausage in the air fryer is they come out impressively quick. You can cook them almost two times faster compared to the stovetop. So, if you are a busy guy, who seek something quick for the morning, the air fried sausage can be your solution. Another great thing is when you cook in the air fryer, there is not much of the cleaning works. As you will not use oil, there will not be much food particles and greases, leaving less things to clean.
Now let’s talk about the taste. Air fryer use advanced hot air circulation technology. It is something that utilize hot airs to cook the food from all angles. As a result, your food gets even and consistent cooking from all sides, leaving a nice texture. Moreover, you can crisp up the exterior of the sausage with the air fryer without literally submerging in the oil. You will surely find the crispy and perfectly browned air fried sausage tasty.
How to Cook the Sausage in Air Fryer
Cooking the sausage in the air fryer is hands-free and almost effortless. Let’s see how easily you can prepare the sausage in the air fryer.
- Put the air fryer plug in the wall socket and turn on the air fryer after putting in an open and flat surface away from any blockage.
- Now poke some holes in the sausages using a sharp knife or something else. Then take out the air fryer basket and put the sausage in the bottom of the air fryer in a single layer. Don’t overlap them as it will cause uneven cooking.
- Put back the air fryer basket and select the time and temperature for the cooking. The recommended cooking duration is 9 to 12 minutes and the temperature should be 400 F. Use the time and temp control button to adjust these measures.
- Let them cook for the recommended time. After that, take out the air fryer basket and give a closer look. If it requires cook for a few more minutes.
- If you feel that the sausage is perfectly cooked, you may take the air fryer basket off and stop the cooking. Carefully slide out the basket and put in a heat resistant surface.
It would be better if you leave the hot basket for a few minutes. Never touch the hot sausage or the basket immediately as they will be hot and injurious. After a while, you can use non-metal tongs to remove them from the basket.
Here are some tips that may help you to get better result while cooking sausage in the air fryer.
- The cooking duration can vary based on several factors. Remember the cooking duration of first successful serve and use it later while cooking.
- You may notice white smoke coming out of the air fryer while cooking the sausage. Well, that is because of the burning fats. You don’t need to worry about that.
- Consider using a meat thermometer to determine the inside temperature of the sausage once you are done. If it the temp is more than 165 F, then your food is perfectly cooked.
What Kind of Sausage to Pick?
The good news is you can literally use any variation of the sausage in the air fryer. But if you are concerned about health, we will recommend you to pick the chicken or turkey sausage. Compared to your usual pork sausage, there are almost half calories and fats in the chicken sausage. That means they are healthier for you. You will find a lot of variations of the sausage in the market. Make sure to read out their nutrition values before purchasing.
If you want something tasty, you can consider the Italian sausage. They include fennel and red pepper flakes, making them very delicious. They require around 9 to 12 minutes in the air fryer. For the usual varieties of the sausage, an air fryer requires around 10 minutes to be cooked at the 400 F temperature. A rule of thumb is to cook the sausage until they are perfectly browned and their inside temperature reached 165 F.
If you are interested to cut out the cooking time, you can consider fully cooked frozen sausage available in the super shops. They require less time, around 5 to 7 minutes to be perfectly cooked inside the air fryer. That means you can literally save some minutes to cope up with your busy life.
If you didn’t yet try the sausage in the air fryer, it is the perfect time to do this. You will simply love the efficiency of the recipe. We hope the recipe will work for you perfectly.